If you are going abroad, need some time off or make a study-related internship and do not want to give up your room, you have the option of subleasing it for a certain period of time. The landlord must be notified beforehand of any interim tenancy.
- You have the right to suggest a subtenant, as you will usually leave personal belongings in your room. In the case of an interim tenancy, the main tenant always remains liable - both in the case of loss of rent or damage to the rented property.
- Under everything about the tenancy agreement you will find a form which will support you in finding the information we require for an interim tenancy. You should make sure in advance that your subtenant is a student of a university associated with us. We cannot accept other tenants.
- If you would like to sublease your room for 3 months or longer, we have to sign a subleasing contract with you and the subtenant.
- For an interim sublease of less than 3 months, a written permission from us is sufficient. In this case we will send you and your interim tenant a confirmation stating the duration of the subleasing and the monthly rent that has to be paid.
- Interim subleasing at the beginning or end of a tenancy are generally not possible. In this case, we advise you to apply for a room at a later time or to terminate the tenancy early.
- The maximum duration of an interim tenancy is 2 semesters.
- Please remember that any interim sublease must be announced at least 14 days in advance - requests made at shorter notice will not be accepted.
- We reserve the right to reject persons proposed by you for important reasons, e.g. if they have already reached the maximum that a person is permitted to live in our dormitories, if they do not hold a university entrance qualification and are therefore not entitled to live there, if they have already received a warning or if they have had their tenancy terminated without notice.
- Interim subleasings that are not reported to us will result in a warning or termination of the tenancy without notice.