The Senior Service Exchange is a free service offered by the Studierendenwerk Freiburg-Schwarzwald and is located in the Service Portal. Seniors can enter their job offer here so that students can search for senior service jobs directly in the service portal. If you are unable to post the job offer yourself via the service portal, you can still do so by contacting us by phone. You can reach us Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 0761-2101-325.
The Studierendenwerk only provides an online platform for placement, the service portal. The contractual partners are the students and the respective employers.
You can find further information and tips for employers under Job Placement.
Click here to go to the service portal.
Many older people are dependent on support in their everyday lives. The demand for qualified, committed and competent help is increasing.
Therefore, we offer interested students with experience in dealing with older people an opportunity to apply their acquired knowledge. In the jobs arranged as part of the Senior Service Exchange, you will support seniors with everyday activities in the home and outside the home. You will not be expected to provide care services, nor will you be placed in a job as part of the Senior Citizens' Service Exchange for private households.
The Senior Service Exchange is purely a placement platform. The mediation is free of charge. The agreement on the scope of care and payment is agreed directly between the student and the client.
Information about job placement can be found in our job placement FAQ.
More and more older people are dependent on support in their everyday lives. The demand for qualified, committed and competent help in everyday life is increasing.
In the Senior Service Exchange, you can quickly and easily find the right support for everyday life, tailored to your individual needs.
Via the service portal, you can post a job offer with the activities you require, e.g. doing the shopping, help in the household or with computer problems (no nursing services!). Interested students will then contact you directly.
The Senior Service Exchange is purely a placement platform that is free of charge for you. The agreement on the scope of care and payment is agreed directly between the students and the clients.
Accident insurance (coverage for accidents at work and commuting accidents):
You register the desired temporary help with the Minijobzentrale, accident insurance is included in the duties. The costs for this are borne by you as the client:in. The Minijobzentrale automatically registers the minijobber with the statutory accident insurance. This protects the employer from financial claims if the temp has an accident. For more information, please visit www.minijobzentrale.de.
Employers:in private households pay lower lump-sum taxes, provided the temp earns up to a maximum of 520 euros per month. 20% of the total expenses, up to a maximum of 510 euros per year, can be claimed on the tax return - an advantage for more and more seniors who have to pay taxes.
For international students, please check the residence or work permit and ask to see the passport or ID card and, if applicable, the eAT card with additional sheet.
Clear agreements facilitate cooperation. The following points should be clarified before hiring:
If relatives or a commissioned institution (e.g.: social station, etc.) are looking for a temp:
- Who makes the appointment for the interview?
- Who is the contact person for the student?
- Is the person to be visited informed?
- What activities are to be performed?
- Is the help mainly supposed to clean the apartment?
- It can also be helpful if the temp has a driver's license and can drive you to the doctor or to the grocery store, for example.
- Are there any special features to be observed in your household? (e.g. waste separation, operation of technical devices etc.)
- Where are the cleaning things located? (For example, are there different cleaning cloths for the toilet, sinks in the bathroom and kitchen?)
- Do you have special care products for plastics, wood, glass, etc.?
- Which things are part of the basic cleaning for you?
- Are there rooms that should not be entered?
- What arrangements do you make in case a cleaning agent runs out and needs to be bought in addition?
- Clarify any other instructions that are important to you (e.g. forbidden, permitted...)!
- Who should be informed in case of an emergency?
- Where is the list of important telephone numbers?
- Clear agreements prevent misunderstandings!
Agree on fixed times with your temp. If the cleaning schedule changes every week, scheduling chaos is inevitable.
Proximity to home!
If you need urgent support, it is an advantage if your temp can drop by quickly.
Do I like the new temp and does she make a reliable impression?
Don't say yes right away on the phone. It is best to get to know each other over a cup of coffee and discuss the expectations of both of you and, if necessary, arrange a trial work appointment. Please remember that students are not always available during the semester break.