What is the "Chipkarte"
The Chip Card is a cash-free way to pay for things in all the facilities administered by the Studierendenwerk. You can add value to your card at different locations.
The Chip Card is a multifunctional tool which can also serve a number of other purposes.
Non-students and guests can pay for food and drink in the cafeterias and cafés with the MensaCard. It is available everywhere it can be used for a deposit of 7,- €.
you can pay with your Chip Card
- in all Canteens and Cafeterias in Freiburg, Furtwangen, Kehl and Villingen-Schwenningen
- at the Infoladen in Schreiberstraße
- at Events at the MensaBar and MensaGarden
In Addition, chip Cards are also used by employees for logging work hours.
- Student I.D.
- Library card
- Key for buildings and rooms
- ID for parking lot
- Exam management
- Printer in the computer lab
- Charge your virtual account for printings